Allowed email domain access is a feature that provides more ways for your teammates to join your workspace, as long as their email address has an "allowed email domain" e.g. @yourcompany.com.
How it works
When enabled, your teammates will have access to many more ways to join your workspace if their email address has an allowed domain, in addition to the standard option of sending them an email invite:
- They will be able to discover and join your workspace when they signup.
- When you share a private bug report with them, they will be able to join your workspace and access it, saving back-and-forth to request and send email invites.
- You will gain access to an invite link that can be shared with your teammates to join your workspace.
- Your teammates can also join by clicking on a link to your workspace url.
Whenever a new team member joins the workspace, you will also be notified by email to always give you control in managing workspace access.
Configuring allowed email domain access
Allowed email domain access is enabled by default for your email domain when you create your workspace.
You can add additional domains by clicking the "Add domain" option.
If you prefer to have stricter control of your members, you can easily disable or re-enable this feature via the toggle on the top right, or by removing allowed domains. Just remember to add a valid allowed email domain whenever you re-enabled the feature.
- Only admins have permission to manage and add allowed email domains.
- Be aware that anyone with an email address with your allowed email domain will be able to join your workspace.
- For security reasons, public email domains like gmail.com etc. cannot be used with this feature.
- If you are on a Starter subscription, your teammates will join the workspace with an Admin role.
- If you are on a Premium subscription, your teammates will join the workspace with an Member role.
- If you have previously sent an email invite to your teammate with a different role e.g. Guest reporter, they will join with this preferred role.
- If you are on an annual subscription, allowed email domain access will only allow your teammates to join up to your seat limit. Once your seat limit is reached, your teammates will have the option to request access. An admin will need to add an additional seat before they can join the workspace.