Bird Eats Bug is a dev tool that combines screen recording with automatically captured technical logs. It allows even non-technical people to create proper data-rich bug reports that save engineering time and remove unnecessary back-and-forth.
The tool was originally launched on Product Hunt and grew organically since then. We’ve recently closed a €1.5M Seed financing round to improve the technology behind Bird and make it one of the best debugging tools over the next few years.
We are currently a team of 11, but growing – that means you will get the opportunity to have a lot of impact, make your own decisions, and help shape the company's future. We are pragmatic, keep processes lean, and cut back on unnecessary meetings. We believe in cross-functional competence, so as an engineer, you will be free to choose to focus on the frontend, backend, or both. If it sounds like you would fit right in, please keep reading.
Our current tech stack at a glance
- SPA, Browser Extension, Vue.js, SCSS, Tailwind CSS, GraphQL, Apollo Client
- Node.js, Fastify, ffmpeg
- Hasura GraphQL Engine, PostgreSQL
- Google Cloud Platform + Terraform
- Github (repo) + Actions (CI/CD)
- Auth0, Sentry, Segment
Things you'll do
- Design and implement a performant and highly available backend system capable of storing and serving user content quickly and securely.
- Implement integrations with third-party applications like Github, Gitlab, Slack, Linear, Monday and others.
- Implement / improve authentication system with authentication codes and 3rd party OAuth and SAML providers.
- Data Modeling with PostgreSQL, Hasura GraphQL Engine and Fastify 3
- Improve DevOps, infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines, system monitoring and tracing.
- Design and implement infrastructure to transcode and serve video recordings.
- You are a great person to work with, very hands-on and enjoy solving difficult problems. You can speak about technology for hours. It genuinely excites you when users love the product you are working on and get actual value out of it.
- You are relentlessly resourceful, know how to prioritize your work, enjoy having autonomy and a measurable impact on the company and user experience. You hate politics, expect to be appreciated and grow with the company.
- Tax residency in Germany required for full time employment, though we are open to contractors in other countries. Unfortunately we cannot currently provide any visa or relocation support.